The start of the year is when we traditionally set our goals. Whether you like goals, love goals, or set them only because you have to they can be important in helping us to set our direction for the year and to give us focus on what we want to achieve.
We set Personal Goals, we set Business Goals, however are you setting referral goals?
Do you truly know how much revenue you would like from your business by referral?
This is such an overlooked item in goal setting with so many business owners and entrepreneurs. However, if you know this number and can focus on it over the course of a year, things become much clearer.
Now, these are only a few of the ways to generate business:
- Cold calling – which many of us detest
- PR and advertising – you may need to have a larger marketing budget for this
- Direct prospecting – this is where you are speaking to a “stranger” you mention your business and they declare a need for your product or service
- Referrals/word of mouth marketing – one of the most pleasant ways to gain new clients or
- Social media – which most people grudgingly admit they get very little actual business from this.
So, knowing the different ways to get business, can you break down your overall revenue into those five categories by percentage? Maybe it looks like this:
PR & advertising 10%
Direct prospecting 55%
Social media 2%
If next year or next month, you want to be doing more business by referral it is important to know these percentages so you can truly see where your business is coming from!
This week – check your numbers, pull some reports, identify how your clients came to you this year and become aware of your numbers. You will thank us for it!
If you want to discuss numbers or increasing your business by referral then please do get in touch and I would love to have a conversation with you.